Current Employment Opportunities
Sr. Research Service Analyst – Requisition #310024
Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics is dedicated to identifying and addressing key ethical issues in science, clinical care, and public health both locally and globally. The Sr. Research Service Analyst serves a critical role by managing sponsored funding activity for the Institute as well as handling reporting, control activities, and special projects.
- Advise faculty of funding opportunities.
- Manage the grant/contract submission process, prepare and review grant proposals, and oversee pre-award data.
- Provide guidance on protocols, regulations, and policies relevant to the University and various types of sponsors (federal/state governments, organizations, and private foundations).
- Work with faculty to plan, develop, and finalize items for grant/contract packages including budgets, justifications, and other materials.
- Review applications and ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to sponsors’ proposal guidelines.
- Track and monitor proposals through approval processes to submission. Initiate internal routing and review through Coeus system.
- Serve as liaison among various offices and to University Research Administration.
- Manage post-award activities. Provide accurate and appropriate guidance regarding interpretation of applicable contract, grant and cooperative agreement terms and conditions, as well as other administrative rules, cost principles and regulations under OMB guidelines.
- Prepare, negotiate and/or implement domestic and international sub agreements, subcontracts, and consultant agreements with individuals and organizations.
- Handle account set-up, budgeting, and any required transactional processes. Work with Institute human resources to ensure alignment of salaries to projects.
- Monitor the financial duties of staff with regard to pre and post award grants/contracts management and compliance with Institute, University, and external agency policies/procedures, established practices, and deadlines.
- Review and analyze awards/projects on a monthly basis, assessing/monitoring expenditure levels against funding and budget obligations, and verifying compliance with regulations. Prepare quarterly reports and projections for faculty.
- Develop and/or modify systems to ensure accurate and timely completion of interim and final reports. Coordinate no-cost extensions as needed.
- Manage close out processes for sponsored projects.
- Analyze complex financial data and prepare narrative and statistical reports for faculty and leadership.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process, analyzing financial data and extracting/defining relevant information as well as interpreting data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or projecting financial probability.
- Develop and implement improvements to sponsored projects policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field required. Five years of experience in sponsored research, or financial and/or cost management required. Graduate level education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula. Master’s degree with knowledge of US Government cost principles and grant/contract management preferred.
- Federal grant and contract proposal submission experience.
- Ability to focus on customer service, timely communications and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with financial software applications, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Strong organizational skills with a dedication to accuracy and attentiveness to details.
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral).
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, prioritize tasks for several simultaneous projects, and meet concurrent deadlines.
- Exercise mature judgment and diplomacy in dealings with all stakeholders while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Experience using SAP/COEUS preferred.
How to Apply
Please complete an application at https://jobs.jhu.edu. Attach a cover letter and resume detailing why you are the most qualified candidate for the position. Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Berman Institute of Bioethics is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com