Current Employment Opportunities
Senior Administrative Coordinator – Requisition # 30200
The Berman Institute of Bioethics is seeking a full-time Senior Administrative Coordinator to assist faculty with administrative and research support. The objectives of the position encompass: project management, manuscripts, grant proposals, budget monitoring, research, and general administrative support.
- Manage projects through completion. Provide research support for academic and policy-oriented inquiries. Draft and edit internal project research manuscripts ensuring they adhere to the project’s preferred writing style.
- Assist in preparation of grant applications/renewals and IRB applications. Monitor and reconcile grant budgets, monthly expenditures, and other accounts as directed. Process all reimbursements and other expenses for the specific department. Compile and submit financial reports.
- Manage calendars for assigned faculty, prioritizing requests, and ensuring conflict-free meetings and appointments. Create and manage tickler files and follow up daily on activities and tasks. Effectively communicate with academic and administrative leaders, faculty, students, and other staff, on behalf of assigned faculty. Efficiently manage faculty’s time and travel in accordance with their specified preferences.
- Coordinate meetings and special events; organize travel arrangements, catering, room reservations, contracts, advertising, A/V support, and other aspects as needed. Schedule seminars for various bioethics programs.
- Produce reports utilizing Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and other software. Proofread and edit confidential and sensitive information, and prepare official documents for signature. Design and maintain administrative filing systems to include: filing, retrieval, storage, coding, updating, and destructions. Provide administrative support to bioethics programs, and visiting trainees.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Five years of progressive administrative responsibility is required. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), library and online research, SAP, and the ability to quickly learn new software is required.
- A demonstrated attention to detail is vital as the incumbent will be required to independently complete tasks, resolve administrative issues, edit written submissions, prioritize and manage various projects simultaneously, and respond to changing priorities within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Possesses the ability to effectively communicate, efficiently work as a team member, maintain confidentiality, and embrace the mission of the Berman Institute of Bioethics.
How to Apply
Please complete an application at www.jobs.jhu.edu, and attach a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this opportunity, as well as a resume. Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. Berman Institute of Bioethics is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our department and projects please visit www.bioethicsinstitute.org.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com