Current Employment Opportunities
Senior Academic Coordinator
The Senior Academic Coordinator will work with the Assistant Director for Academic Programs and provide critical process development and support for the Institute’s new educational programs (a Master of Bioethics degree and certificate programs offered in conjunction with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, and a non-degree external executive education program) as well as the ongoing Berman Institute Bioethics Intensives program. This position will develop, institute, and manage processes for new programs; coordinate with multiple divisions (and areas within those divisions including the Registrar, IT, Student Accounts, International Office, Communications, etc.); resolve administrative, coordination, and process issues; and provide support for programs.
The Primary duties and responsibilities of the job:
- Develop, institute, and manage processes for new master’s program and executive education program. Refine processes for intensives program.
- Draft and work with Assistant Director on program proposals and accreditation materials.
- Coordinate faculty recruitment, training, and logistics for teaching.
- Serve as the first point of contact and resource for students and others engaged in Berman Institute educational programs.
- Manage teaching assistance for programs, including hiring, oversight, and evaluation processes as well as scheduling teaching assignments.
- Monitor course schedules/deadlines and communicate with faculty and staff to ensure appropriate action is taken in scheduling and transmitting curriculum materials.
- Coordinate program marketing, development of marketing materials, and recruitment efforts.
- Work with Assistant Director to develop metrics and measures for programs. Develop and ensure that evaluation processes are in place for programs, courses, and students.
- Manage practicum process, including creating opportunities and collaborative planning for practicum and experiential placements.
- Serve as liaison and ensure that information and data flows smoothly among divisions, organizations, and companies engaged in educational activities.
- Plan and execute student orientation and graduation activities.
- Research and work with consultants/committee to development new customers for executive education program.
- Handle logistics for offsite teaching in executive education program.
- Other activities supporting Assistant Director and Program as needed.
- High school diploma/GED with minimum five years progressively responsible administrative / academic experience. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be proactive with the ability to manage high volume of work and multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of academic programs and requirements, or ability to quickly learn.
- Collegial with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a broad spectrum of internal and external high level professionals including academic and administrative leadership; corporate leaders and personnel; vendors; faculty, students, and staff.
- Excellent and professional oral and written communication skills, with ability to draft reports, professional documents, and correspondence.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn and work with various types of databases
JHU Equivalency Formula:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The Administrative Coordinator provides primary administrative and financial support for the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for project support and coordination. S/he also will serve as the primary contact for faculty and staff travel/expenses and manage all reimbursements, handle monthly reconciliation for sponsored and non-sponsored accounts, coordinate purchases and payments, maintain financial files, create and maintain various spreadsheets, and adhere to established audit guidelines and processes. The Administrative Coordinator also will assist with logistics for Berman meetings, luncheons, and special events as required and, when needed, work with event hosts to create agendas, prepare/copy/assemble/distribute meeting materials, take minutes, and write meeting summaries. In addition, the administrative coordinator will periodically serve at the front desk, answering main multi-line telephone, greeting visitors entering the building, and screening and delivering incoming mail and faxes. Other duties pertaining to general BI office/financial functions as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED (additional education may be substituted for years of related experience). Three years administrative/office experience. Proficiency with software applications, spreadsheets, and word processing required, with strong Microsoft Office skills in Excel; excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and focus on accuracy; and an ability coordinate and track numerous unrelated projects/tasks and meet deadlines. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision to ensure tasks are accomplished.
Bachelor’s degree with three years administrative/office experience, preferably in an academic setting. Experience with SAP.