Current Employment Opportunities
Administrative Coordinator- Requisition #309616
The Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics is seeking a full-time Administrative Coordinator with a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal and client services skills to assist with administrative, financial, and organizational activities. The position will involve a broad range of responsibilities including scheduling, financial processing, event coordination, procurement, document management, and communication.
- Travel: Serve as primary point of contact for travel reimbursement within the Berman Institute. Coordinate with faculty and staff to ensure timely submission of approved travel documents, ensure documentation complies with JHU and federal guidelines, and process travel reimbursements in SAP within established deadlines. Monitor workflow, track and research outstanding reimbursements, and follow up with approving officials. Refine and maintain organizational system for travel claims for research and audit purposes.
- Financial: Provide assistance with financial processes. Generate financial reports, maintain appropriate financial records and files, and verify budget and expenditures to ensure compliance with university and other regulations and restrictions. Perform monthly reconciliations of sponsored and non-sponsored accounts. Effectively communicate to BI members any policy updates, protocols, regulations, and procedures. Prioritize assignments and organize work to meet critical financial deadlines.
- Administrative: Responsible for managing the front desk – greet all visitors to the BI, answer main multi-line telephone, screen/process/deliver mail, and research and respond to general internal and external requests. Assist with facilities related activities. Assist with purchasing and other administrative activities. Manage the conference room scheduling. Develop and maintain systems such as databases, spreadsheets, and filing. Assist with events. Work collaboratively with faculty and staff within the BI and across JHU. Serve as liaison between BI and other administrative and financial contacts in the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Three years of progressive administrative is required; experience in an academic setting is strongly preferred. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), and the ability to learn new systems is required; SAP experience is preferred.
- A demonstrated attention to detail is vital as the coordinator will be required to independently complete tasks, resolve administrative issues, prioritize tasks within established deadlines, and respond to changing priorities.
- The coordinator must have a strong working knowledge of office administrative practices and policies. Strong organizational skills, logistical management, scheduling, and records management experience is required.
- Ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills to issues resulting in professional and mature solutions. Identify issues, determine information needed to resolve, research and collect information, and make recommendations or take appropriate action to resolve. Collaborate and build working relationships with individuals across the Institute and University.
- Possesses the ability to effectively communicate, efficiently work as a team member, maintain confidentiality, and embrace the mission of the Berman Institute of Bioethics.
How to Apply
Please complete an application at https://jobs.jhu.edu, and attach a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this opportunity, as well as a resume. Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. Berman Institute of Bioethics is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our department and projects please visit www.bioethicsinstitute.org.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org