Janet Childerhose, PhD, was a Hecht-Levi Fellow at the Berman Institute. Her research investigates the unique challenges that adolescents experience after being treated with adult medical interventions. Her primary focus is adolescent experiences of bariatric surgery to treat severe obesity.
Janet received her PhD in medical anthropology from McGill University, and her MA in the history and philosophy of science and technology from the University of Toronto. Before coming to the Berman Institute, she was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Michigan in the Center for Bioethics and Social Sciences in Medicine, and trained in nursing research at The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre.
- Brothers KB, Holm I, Childerhose JE, Antommaria AHM, Bernhardt BA, Wright Clayton E, Gelb BD, Joffe S, Lynch JA, McCormick JB, McCullough LB, Parsons W, Sundaresan AS, Wolf WA, Yu JH, Wilfond BS, on behalf of the Pediatrics Workgroup of the Clinical Sequencing Exploratory Research (CSER) Consortium and the Consent, Education, Regulation, and Consultation Workgroup of the Electronic Medical Records and Genomics (eMERGE) Network. When participants in genomic research grow up: Contact and consent at the age of majority. The Journal of Pediatrics. 2016;168(January):226-231.
- Childerhose JE, Tarini BA. Understanding outcomes in adolescent bariatric surgery. Pediatrics. 2015;136(2):e212-214(August). PMID: 26216327.
- Rennick JE, Childerhose JE. Redefining success in the PICU: New patient populations shift targets of care. Pediatrics. 2015;135(2):e289-291(February).
- Rennick JE, Dougherty D, Chambers C, Stremler R, Childerhose JE, Stack D, Harrison D, Campbell M, Dryden-Palmer K, Hutchison J, Zhang X. Children’s psychological and behavioral responses following Pediatric Intensive Care Unit hospitalization: The caring intensively study. BMC Pediatrics. 2014;14:276(October 26).
- Childerhose JE, MacDonald M. Health consumption as work: The home pregnancy test as a domesticated health tool. Social Science & Medicine. 2013;86(June):1-8.
- Semenic S, Childerhose JE, Lauzière J, Groleau D. Barriers, facilitators, and recommendations related to implementing the Baby-Friendly Initiative (BFI): An integrative review. Journal of Human Lactation. 2012;28(3)(August: Special issue on the BFHI):317-34.
- Rennick JE, Lambert S, Childerhose J, Campbell-Yeo M, Filion F, Johnston CC. (2011). Mothers’ experiences of a Touch and Talk nursing intervention to optimize pain management in the pediatric intensive care unit. Intensive and Critical Care Nursing 27(3)(June):151-157.