This module surfaces the complexity of sharing the moral burden of decision making with patients and parents in the palliative care setting, and offers a tool that can assist in this process. This module typically takes between 45 minutes and an hour to complete.
- Become familiar with the decision-making tool and identify potential areas for application.
- Learn how to more effectively navigate making decisions involving morally-sensitive issues
The Decision-Making Communication Tool
Debrief Plenary: Ethical Framework for Decision Making
- What new insights did you gain about ethical decision-making?
- How might you apply the decision-making tool to your clinical practice?
- What new insights did you gain regarding responding to ethical conflicts?
- What lingering questions do you have?
Application to Self and Home Institution
- Regarding what we have discussed during this group, what change would you like to see/make at your home institution?